The Church

Slider

Next to the Villa stands  a beautiful church, ordered by the Granduca, who in 1787 establishes the parish under the title of San Leopoldo. For all the inhabitants of Dolciano.

In 1825, on request by Leopoldo 2nd (the last grand Duke until 1861), the rectangular map was replaced by a circular map, featuring a cupola designed by Ferdinando Corsini.

The Church has a gateway with 6 pillars, with Ionic capellito Frescos adorn the interior and the architrave portal on the porch.

Share this page on: